We are pleased to announce that we have had confirmation from the SFA this morning that our application for SFA membership has been approved with immediate effect. Confirmation has also been received that we will participate in the Lowland League next season.
We can now concentrate on football matters again after what has been a roller coaster journey over the past twelve months back in senior football. While we have received positive news today we also recognise that today's announcement means that Whitehill Welfare will have received confirmation of their relegation to the East of Scotland league, and who have been waiting for the same clarity that we have over the past few months. Both clubs have been in limbo for months and we hope that like us, it allows them to get on with their plans for next season. Both their manager and assistant manager were decorated players with us and they have also signed our top scorer from last season; we wish them nothing but the best for next season and we'll meet up shortly in the Shaun Woodburn Memorial Cup on July 7th at Ferguson Park. It is a testament to their professionalism at Rosewell throughout this process that one of the first messages we received as a result of the announcement was from the Welfare.
We wouldn't be where we are today however without the help of others:
- The floodlights crew who worked around the clock to make the unachieveable possible.
- Glen, Lewis, Donald & Lisa at Thompsons Solicitors.
- MSPs Neil Findlay, Colin Beattie, James Kelly, Kenneth Gibson, David Stewart. Midlothian Council leader Derek Milligan.
- Bonnyrigg Rose Community Club.
- Auchinleck Talbot fan Alistair Davis who started an online petition off his own steam and the supporters up and down the country who signed it & people like the Lowland League catchup guys to continued to champion our cause.
- The tremdous backing received by the East of Scotland board.
- Ian Durie.
- John (Yogi) Hughes.
- Our players who stayed with us amongst all of the uncertainty.
- The supporters who know us well enough by now to know that we would achieve a positive outcome.
Finally we would like to thank the Lowland League for allowing due process to be followed and to the SFA, whose confirmation of our membership today allows us to take our rightful place at the next level of senior football.
Updated 18:14 - 28 Jun 2019 by Brendan Parkinson